Monday, May 22, 2006

Sermon Online

As Frequency is starting to expand I'm going to be taking on a much larger role. This means that i will be preaching more often. So i've decided to make my sermon points available online. This means you can read back over them if there's something you forgot or if you couldn't make it that night.

I would also appriciate any tips and advice that people can give me to make my sermons better. I'm only new at this so i could use any help i can get.

Here is my latest sermon. Wisedom of God

  • Explanation of how I came across this sermon. Eating at KFC, wind kept blowing the page over. I read page, felt like God was speaking these words directly to me. I prayed about it, opened my eyes and a gap of sunlight shone on page.
  • I study a lot at uni. I’m constantly learning new things. Right now learning about gear trains, SCADA control, and C++ to C conversion.
  • The wisdom of God isn’t limited to those who study academically. Open to everyone.
  • Briefly talk about the greatest source of wisdom available to study. The Bible.
  • I’m reading proverbs as it’s full of wisdom and inspirational quotes.
  • Christians need to learn the wisdom of God. Its one thing to believe in God, it’s another thing to understand and follow him.
  • God gives wisdom to guide us away from falling into sin.
  • We must do more then avoid falling though. We need to be a warning sign away from danger to others.

    - Hand out printouts of Proverbs 4-

  • Wisdom of God is the greatest thing to learn
  • We must treasure is as it brings us closer to God.
  • He is the father and wants us to live right and follow his teachings. Just like any other father wants their child to learn from them.
  • I’m smarter then Ryan, have a higher IQ then anyone else in room.
  • But Ryan has a wisdom that I’m only just beginning to learn. Just like his mum has a wisdom greater then his, and her father has is greater then her.
  • This comes with putting God first, and learning his ways. By reading the bible.
    Adam & Eve tried to take wisdom and look where it got them. The only wisdom is from God.

“Stop fooling yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world's standards, you will have to become a fool so you can become wise by God's standards. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "God catches those who think they are wise in their own cleverness." (1 Corinthians 3: 18-19)

“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere” (James 3: 17)
  • When can the wisdom of God ever go wrong?
  • How can being nice to others, never cheating, stealing or lying ever be a bad thing to do?
  • Learn the wisdom of God and experience the love and rewards that go with it.

  • Pray that others can find the wisdom of God

1 comment:

tubes41 said...

I just decided to look at the source code of this page... *ghah!* *runs and hides from the bad, bad code*