Sunday, July 03, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No, this isn't for Diana. This is for Cityview Church. Today we turned 1. This means its been a whole year since a core group of people first started up a church in east Victoria park.
We celebrated our first year in a brand new building. Well, not brand new, its an old building but it was our first time there. We moved there because we needed more room to grow.

The new building is great, we can fit a lot more people inside. Things could be setup better, and we have so much room to work with. Its in the building of the Perth Demons. Yes that's right, we're in the home of the demons. This building is almost exactly what we could need in a church, with the three separate bars covered of course. The core group got there early to setup, and we stayed after to pack-up. It was tiring work considering how little sleep we had, but kudos goes to Paul who got the least amount of sleep of all of us, yet stilled worked hard the whole time.
Anyway, we had a slide show of the past year, and a great sermon by Ps. Pamela.

I got the honor of cutting the birthday cake, while I was up there listening to nice things being said about me I was trying hard not to cough(I still have a cold) on the cake.
After the sermon we fellowshipped and had a great time, there was more room for people to stand in. I wasn't crowded at the sound desk for a change. Actually I got a little lonely :-(.
The youth then went to maccas and I left them at AK's house watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me.
that's been my exciting day, so I'll now entertain you with mindless comments and thoughts.

Hopefully I'll get my new phone tomorrow. I'm getting a Nokia 7270, its going to be really cool.

Diana's birthday is on Friday, wish her a happy birthday by SMS because she will be in Karri valley.

I'll be seeing Fiona tomorrow, YAY!

That's all for now, peace out y'all

No comments: