Thursday, December 01, 2005

Long Path

Becoming a better Christian is a long and difficult journey. There is no shortcut, the only way to reach the end is to follow the signposts and keep heading forward.

In the past year of my Christian life, I have faced a number of obstacles; many are things holding me back. These burdens have reduced me to a stop, but have never dragged me back. Every time I felt like I was standing, still I would recognise a landmark and know that I must continue.

Luckily, I have shed many of my old burdens, but not all. I know that as long as I push myself to keep going I will drop more of the weight that drags me backwards. Sometimes it is not easy though, there are not always signposts. You know which direction you need to follow but unless you have that clear sign its not that easy to go on. Whenever that does happen though, there is always the universal map book to offer guidance. I am referring to the Bible. This thick, voluminous tome is crammed full of Godly goodness.

Everyone is carrying a burden, some more then others. So now would be a good time to look at what holds you back. Today I have a challenge. Loss something, it doesn’t have to be big, just something that prevents you from being more Christ-like. It might mean being nicer to someone you don’t like, it could be giving up something you enjoy to help someone else. Everyone is different, so our burdens will be different, it’s up to you to identify your “dead-weight” but you can always count on your Christian brothers and sisters to help you loss the weight.

Together we can move mountains….

No comments: