Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pork Chops...

I was at work minding my own business when a courier came up to me asking me to sign the slip; apparently, I had forgotten to do it. I apologised to the courier for wasting his time but he replied “That’s ok, it’s just the people at the head office are carrying on like pork chops lately”. Therefore, I bade him farewell and carried on with my work.
Labelling bottles gives me plenty of time to think so I soon started to go over the conversation with the courier. It then dawns on me..... how can you carry on like a pork chop? I wasn’t aware that pork chops complained. I sat there thinking about this more and more. What would they complain about?
I decided to settle this. I went down to my local butcher and purchased half a dozen pork chops. I arrived at home and set them all down on the table, constantly thinking about what they would complain about.
I setup my stereo and played loud music. Didn’t hear a peep out of them.
Next, I started to talk behind their backs about them, in front of them. Nothing, not even a dirty look.
I was fast running out of ideas. I offered them food, nothing. I tried to pair them up with beef, still nothing.
They started to smell funny when it finally dawned on me. “Carry on”. Pork Chops don’t complain, how stupid was I? They hold things. Therefore, I stacked them on top of each other and finally concluded that they can hold at least 5 times their own weight.

No comments: